Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brotherly Love

We have had a couple of sweet moments between the boys lately. I thought I would share two of them. The other day I heard Nathan start to cry. I could hear Derek with him and that probably means they were fighting. But when I went to check on them I could hear Nathan crying, but I also heard Derek saying Sorry. He never will say that for me. I heard him say it a couple of times and when I walked in the room he was giving Nathan a big hug and holding him tight. Nathan cried for a few more seconds on Derek's shoulder and then they went back to playing. So sweet.

This next on happened just a few minutes ago. It is my favorite. Nathan followed me downstairs and proceeded to cry. I couldn't figure out why. He didn't want a drink, hug, or food. I finally put him in his high chair to cry it out. Sometimes he just needs a few minutes of good crying. Derek was watching a movie. I soon heard him coming down. He kept saying "what matter" as he walked down the stairs. When he got to the kitchen he said "where're you" looking for me. I answered him, he looked at me and said "what matter." I told him I didn't know what was wrong with Nathan. He turned to his brother and then asked him "what matter" and took him in his arms and held him as he cried. My heart melted and I teared up a little as he held him. He then wiped the tears away with his hands and proceeded to convince Nathan to eat the food I had tried to get him to eat. Now they are eating, laughing, and playing together. What a precious moment.

2 comments:

R Clan said...

Moments like those make being a mother so worth it. What cute boys.

Lindsay said...

What sweet boys you have.

Incrediable, Uplifting Video on Motherhood