Monday, January 26, 2009

No Camera

I haven't posted in a while because I can't take pictures. With the flash broken on our camera I can only take videos, unless we are outside, and with the cold that hasn't happened much. I need to down load the videos, but haven't taken the time. It takes to much time to upload them, and with my children a couple of minutes alone is to much. Case in point:

Derek and Kira: Kira eats a AA battery breaking it open. She drops it and Derek picks it up and sucks on it. Mom finds him like this. Oh boy. He starts saying "och" over and over. I call poison control. They say, it is just a burn, give him liquids and keep him comfortable. Nothing can be done. A few hours later he is back to normal.

Derek: I take the garbage out and come to get Derek and find him dumping my make-up out all over the floor.

Derek, Nathan, and Kira: I check e-mail and go looking for the quite ones and find them opening my purse, stuff dumped out, Kira eating my lipstick, and Derek and Nathan painted with Mascara.

Derek and Nathan: I completely check my downstairs for trouble. I fold up chairs, close cupboards, put things away, etc., just so I can go upstairs and place an order on Sam's Club.com to save lots of time when I head down there to go shopping. After 10 min. and lots of quite I go looking for them. Derek has learned a new trick and has got up on the counter by pulling open drawers(very hard old style drawers that I have trouble opening) he grabs a bottle of olive oil and pours it on the dog, floor, and my couch. What a mess.

Derek and Nathan: I need a break from them so I put them in my room watching a movie and after a few minutes I hear a crash. They had slid a chair over to the TV Stand, climbed on and pushed the TV off. Now our TV is dead.

Derek: Dad is holding him on his lap while we feed him at a friends house. Dad gets a fork jabbed right in his eye. Not good. Now, he has a red eye and even a read cut under his eye where the fork also hit. At least Derek did it on accident.

You may ask how long it took my boys to do all of this. It all happened in about the last ten days. They are full of energy and destruction. This is only some of the best from them. Just so you know they aren't always little monsters.

Nathan: this morning cuddled up to me and looked me right in the face grabbed my face with both hands and pulled me towards him for a big Nathan kiss. How sweet.

Derek: loves lotion. If I am putting it on he asks for some and sits there and rubs it on my legs. What a great kid.

Derek: loves horsey rides and giggles with great glee every time we give him one.

Nathan: Runs for Daddy with big smiles every time he comes home from work. He really loves his daddy.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Wow-you have so much patience! Mackay's favorite one was the one where Derek poured olive oil on the dog. :)

Ashley said...

Wow Lisa, you really have your hands full. I think they might be worse than my five put together! Good thing they are cute, huh!

Mitch, Kristie, and family said...

Wow! is about all I can think of. I hope we have a calm little boy. But I hear boys are more mischievous than girls so I better watch out.

R Clan said...

Ummmmmmmmmm....WOW! and...........WOW!

Incrediable, Uplifting Video on Motherhood