Saturday, August 6, 2011

TO THE FARM

My Dad asked us to come and help out on the farm about a month ago. We said yes, and have been working in Kansas for a week. The boys are having a blast. I will post pics when we get home, but I thought I would touch on some highlights.

Daniel gets a Kiss: Daniel reached his hand out towards a cow this morning and was surprised when the cow reached back and licked his hand. He jumped and then grinned really big. The rest of the time in the pens he would reach his hand out to all cows. No one else accepted his offer, but he was happy to try.

Derek and Nathan Make Cake: I kicked the boys outside the other afternoon. It has rained a lot here and it is very wet. When you think of a feedlot and puddles they aren't the nice clean puddles, they have a bit of cow in them. So, when I went out to check on them I had to laugh when they were up to there elbows in a manure-puddle making birthday cake. Boy was that going to be a yummy cake.

The boys love the 4-wheeler and ride it all the time. They love that the horse is back and feed it and water it daily. They are so happy to have a puppy, and even Sam is learning to like them and their love. Derek screams like a girl at all the bugs, flies and anything else that flies at him(like flying manure.)

These 3 boys are having a blast, and mommy and daddy love watching them. We are glad we can see family and help my dad out while he gets a break and goes to Alaska to go fishing. We can't wait for the phone call to go get our little Levi. Next time we visit the farm there will be 4 boys to help Grandpa.

No comments:

Incrediable, Uplifting Video on Motherhood