I will post pictures later, but I wanted to blog about a special visit we had yesterday. We were able to meet Derek and Nathans Biological Brother and his family. They live in CA, and were in town to see their family and asked to come and visit. It was so great to finally meet them. The boys had so much fun. Derek even asked Heavenly Father the bless his new friend in his prayers last night. The boys loved having someone around that looked so much like them.
Derek has been having issues with being black lately. It is so sad for us. We are hoping that when he starts preschool and has more friends who are of color that it will help him. Right now there isn't anyone around his age that he gets to play with often enough to make a difference. He asks when he can be white like us and his cousins. I told him a little boy with black skin was coming to play with him and he was so excited. I wish we had more friends in the area that were black. I guess we need to find a way to find some, but besides knocking on random peoples doors, I'm not sure how to do that.
The boys all loved being together last night. They are ages 5, 4, 3, and 2. This family also has a 4 year old girl so we had a house full of kids. It was neat to see similar facial features and to even see that the boys had similar mannerisms and things they each did. As parents we enjoyed visiting and comparing the info. we knew about the birth families. We have meet the birth mother multiple times, while our friends only meet her once. I'm so glad they were able to come, and I hope we will have many more visits as the boys grow up.
1 comment:
How exciting! We're excited for you and pray that the color issue becomes less of a problem for the boys. Love,
Aunt Pat and Uncle Richard
P. S. I just figured out how to do comments.
Post a Comment