Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Family Trip

We had a great weekend. Jordan needed to deliver some time sensitive materials to Des Moines and we got to go along on Friday. After he took care of work stuff, we headed to the mall. They have a great Mall in West Des Moines, with a nice play place for kids. We let the boys play, play, play. We then went to get dinner. We each picked a different spot from the food court. The boys got Wendy's, Jordan went for Asian, and I went to Panera bread. It was great. We each got what we wanted. Then we walked around some more and played. The boys loved it. Everyone kept telling them how cute they were and Derek soaked up the attention. We even went to Cold Stones and got ice cream. Yummy.

On Saturday the boys got to go to a swimming birthday party. They had lots of fun. Sunday was the usual gone all day. Now we are to Monday. It has been a good day. I have done some cleaning, and made molasses bread, and a cake roll. The elders are coming for dinner so I am cooking lots of yummys. I love it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it nice to be somewhere where you can just let the kids go a little crazy? I love those play places in the mall! And I love Panera bread...another reason I miss Dubuque...Hey, and uh, you can come over for dinner again -- and you bring the cake roll, k? :)

Tammy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I have never tried molasses bread. Why didn't you ever make it for me? I will have to try it sometime!

Janint said...

What a great weekend! Those breads sound yummy!

Unknown said...

Sounds like SUCH a fun time! Love your little family. I miss you all.

Incrediable, Uplifting Video on Motherhood